Saturday, January 10, 2009

Designing Wedding/Event Decorations


Meeting with a bride who really wants something different and takes the time to work through the steps necessary to create her wedding decorations is a real blessing. The bride and her mom came in this morning prepared to dedicate time. This allowed me to ask a lot of questions, listen carefully to the answers and then put it all together in a design concept for the wedding and reception. I actually draw and label my designs for each bride. This exercise helps her to formulate the first images of her wedding day. It helps me to calculate the cost of each item, number and types of flowers, greenery and other materials. About a month or so before the wedding I usually create a sample and photograph it so that everyone on my staff knows what the bride is expecting on her wedding day.



How I love the creativity of my job!!!



Offering unlimited ideas,



Debra